Join this full day guided tour that includes a brunch and wine tasting at the Torres Cellars in the Penedés region, plus the breathtaking landscape of Montserrat and the stunning city of Sitges.
- Explore the stunning Montserrat mountain and its impressive monastery
- Discover the Torres Wine Cellars located in the heart of the Penedés wine country
- Enjoy a commented wine tasting and a typical appetizer brunch
- Get to know the lovely city of Sitges
Enjoy the remarkable Barcelona countryside in this complete Full Day Tour. We’ll start the tour heading first to Montserrat, one of Catalonia’s most important Natural Parks. Located 50 Km southwest of Barcelona, this mountain retreat features astonishing views and the main monastery of Santa Maria de Montserrat.
Legend says that the Madonna and Child appeared in one of the mountain caves, justifying the construction of the monastery and Basilica. The wood carving of La Moreneta (the Black Madonna), can be visited in the church.
During the first stage of the tour, you’ll be introduced to the history of this magnificent site. Afterwards, you’ll be able to enjoy 3 free hours to have lunch (meals are not included), and to explore further activities in the area.
Some of the most popular options include a visit to the audiovisual exhibition about Montserrat (included), as well as the Sant Joan and Santa Cova funiculars, both leading to spectacular mountain paths.
Next, you’ll meet with your guide at the designated meeting point to continue the tour to the renowned wineries of the Torres family. Located in the heart of the Penedés region, here you’ll find all the secrets about the winemaking process.
After experiencing a tasting of two local wines and a full appetizer brunch, the visit continues through the vineyards and all the vital spaces of the Torres Cellars, including the area where the Torres wines are matured.
The tour continues to Sitges, one of the most beautiful coastal cities in Catalonia. The former fishermen’s village is an important touristic destination thanks to the picturesque old town center narrow streets, stunning beaches and fantastic culinary offerings.
Delve deep into history learning about the “Indianos”, locals who found incredible wealth in America and how their return reshaped the city’s architecture. When the guided tour ends, you’ll enjoy free time to discover Sitges at your own pace, walk along the beach promenade or go shopping in the old town boutiques.
- Bilingual official guide
- Transport in air-conditioned bus
- Guided visit and entrance to Torres Wine Cellars including 2 wine tastings
- Complete appetizer brunch featuring coca bread with sausages and cheese
- Tasting of typical liquors made in Montserrat
- Food and drinks unless indicated
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour is offered in English and Spanish simultaneously.
- The use of comfortable shoes is advised.
- Proper attire is required for entering the Montserrat Basilica. Shoulders must be covered and no sandals or shorts are allowed.
- It’s recommended to be present at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- This tour is offered from 01st April to 31st October 2019.